Thread: Antennas
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #4
bushpilot

I have the Wineguard RoadStar (omnidirectional) RS-2000 for over the air HDTV.

There are better antennas like the winegard Sensar "batwing" - but it has to be AIMED since its directional (if you change channels a lot you'll be re-aiming a lot) and the bat wings have to be cranked down or lowered (when traveling).

the Sensar is the most popular (#1 selling) over the air TV antenna.

the King Controls makes the directional JACK antenna - its supposed to be pretty good (but it too has to be turned/aimed like the Sensar)…but it does NOT have to be lowered (in fact you CANT lower it.

Range claimed -
Jack: as much as 90+ miles
Sensar: 55 Miles
RS-2000: 30+ miles

We don't watch a lot of TV when we camp - we seem not to miss it & all I'm typically interested in (TV wise) when traveling is the local weather (and possibly local/national news)….we've found that the RS-2000 is just fine for almost every location we've camped or stayed. The RS-2000 also doesn't have to be aimed & i don't have to remember to lower it.

We have a King TracVision in-motion sat - but we've never bothered to use it (we're not DTV or DISH customers at home).

Im also discovering that w/ Internet access (personal hotspot or wifi at a campground etc) we can STREAM movies & local tv - the longer we have the coach, the less desire i have in configuring the Satellite dome.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote