View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #3
willardskillard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesReiselt View Post
I have my 1999 Freightliner FL70 with a 25 1/2 foot Renegade conversion for sale. This was to have been to allow travel for my now deceased wife. It has a 3126 Cat engine and Allison 6 speed and gets 12 to 14 mpg depending upon the terrain. It has a 22KW Kubota generator along with gas water heater and the standard fresh and waste water tanks. There are 2 roof AC units. The truck had previously been used as a mobile radiology lab and I am well along the way toward re-doing the interior. The cab has all new 2 tone leather interior by a local custom shop. I have the rear 1/3 finished with new insulation, padded vinyl ceiling and walls, Pergo cherry floors and cherry finish cabinets with granite counter tops. On hand are the cabinets necessary to complete the job along with Pergo, LED and florescent lighting and also shower, sinks, leather sleeper sofa, appliances, etc.
The exterior is ready for paint in your choice of colors. Outside has all new LED lights along with new stainless visors, steps, and grill. It runs out perfectly and the engine was partially re-built prior to my purchase. The tires appear to be nearly new virgin Bridgestones and the wheels are Freightliner aluminum.
It has just over 400,000 highway miles. I'm asking $35,000 as is and with all the supplies which I have on hand but would also consider a trade for a full sized SUV.
I sure wish I could have seen a picture of that. Im wanting to build something similar or buy one. Im trying to decide on a truck right now. I have my CDL, And I have my choice of a few Freight-liners fl70/ fld120/ Internationals, Some have cats some cummins/ some detroits. Is the fuel mileage you posted here normal for this cat engine? Sounds pretty good. Im new at all this and Im trying to learn more. I like Cummins , because I drive a old 12 valve and love it. But any advice would be much appreciated.