View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #8
jbeech

I'm not locked into anything, which is why I'm asking. Let's nail down some further details.

First, 12V lighting sounds smart because I believe you when you say I'll need to see when the APU isn't powered up and the truck isn't on shore power. What's the recommended source for 12V LED lighting fixtures, if any? My fetish for LEDs is just because of their efficiency and the fact they are cool to the touch.

Next, 12V for the potable water pump also seems smart, again for the same reason, to shower or wash my hands while the APU isn't running.

But surely the LEDs and the pump will run off the battery bank for the short time I am showering, right?

You mention roof top AC. I am reluctant because I'm already at 13' and not keen to stick up further. Moreover, the thought has been flitting through my mind of ripping the roof off and making a walk-around deck (yes, there are plenty of complications, like a stowable hand rail system, amongst others, though in my defense it's still just an idle thought).

You mention a real RV refrigerator. I believe you. Is there concensus on brands? What about piping the propane, any gotchas? I understand the ammonia systems are quite thrifty in their use of gas as well as 12VDC, is this true?

Shore power - 30A - 110V? Twist lock connector? How many prongs are standard at an RV parking spot? I wonder because the 30A 25' cord I picked up at Lowe's was $110 and has 4-prongs. I just assumed it was for 220VAC. Souns like 25' isn't long enough sometimes, eh? I hadn't thought in terms of anything longer because I was just thinking about plugging in here at the shop. Is the 50' cord the go to unit? You mention a 100' 20A cord, once again, how many prongs?
jbeech is offline   Reply With Quote