View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #4
mekanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtruckdreams View Post
Your home-on-wheels is so so beautiful! Thanks for sharing pictures. It would be amazing if you had a huge tub, but yeah I agree the water it would require would be a headache to manage.
Thanks for the advice about the toilet. I think I'll get a portable rv toilet for back-up but try to rely on campgrounds' facilities.

Can I ask, how did you insure and register your vehicle? It's something I haven't done yet.

Thanks again for sharing!
First thing you should do is go to the title office and see what the criteria is for converting a title to a RV, But then you should ask your self if it helps you to do that. Most every one here does it to get of of the federal/states government red tape that make our larger vehicles deemed commercial if we don't change it. For your 1 ton van chassis you might not need to at all. Just be sure to tell the truth to the insurance agent.
Then once you decide you can make sure you jump though the hoops like the BMV and title office tell you to.
Trust me you will hope it is a easy as Ohio's.
For the last 2 years mine has been on the road it just had basic liability.
I just got too worried that my biggest investment ($2500 in tires) would be the first thing damaged in a mishap with another vehicle so I finally got agreed value insurance. Since you can't exactly look up the price of my custom RV in a NADA book.
mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote