Thread: Direct tv or?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
Bob86ZZ4

We have Directv at home. We have a in motion tracking dome on the coach. We don't have any high def. When we go on the road we take the directv box out of the bedroom and put it in the coach. Works great. When I get a couple hundred miles from home we no longer get the local broadcast channels on the sat box. When we're set up in a park someplace and want local channels I have a digital antenna that I attach to the rear view mirror with a bungie cord and plug into the system. Works pretty good. Agree a lot of sites don't have a good view of the satellite. Best would be using the tracking dome on the roof for on the road and open site use. Then if you are set up somewhere and don't get a sat view take out a portable dish and long cord and use that. Wire up a jack into one of your storage bays for plugging it in easy. I'd probably get one of those view cubes since they don't require any setup. Place it out on the ground and it'll find the satellite for you.