View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
GENECARP

Default What do you think?

As some of you guys know we have a 45' Garage Unit made by Silver Crown, currently out of business. We carry a Smart Car in the garage and have a loft bedroom above with about 5' of headroom. A few weeks ago i saw somewhere a Travel Trailer that had a second floor living room that was created by a lifting roof system with canvas sides....it got me thinking, I would like to add a lifting room system over my entire (or partial) bedroom. It only needs to lift a couple of feet, that would make a huge difference for us, zippered screens around would also give us good ventilation. There are a couple of challenges, currently our HT is 13'6", that must remain, in the middle of the bedroom cieling is one Fantastic Fan, it sits about 3" above the roof, I have to measure but I assume the 13'6" measurement is drivin by the top of the fan. When the lift is in the closed posistion I want to maintain a functional bedroom so in cold weather we will be closed and tight.....any thoughts on this project? I have been searching around and found COLORADO VAN, they convert vans for lift tops. I also found ROOF TOP TENTS, these are hard top and bottom tents that are designed to go on truck roofs and lift up creating tents for sleeping, maybe I can modify one of these. Should I go for this myself? Any good shops who might work with me on this? Any thoughts and advice is welcome..G