Thread: Renovation
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
GENECARP

Wink Renovation

Two nice projects I started , this summer I will try to get done most of the final tweaks before we hit the road for a year. Project #1 is the removal of the overhead cabinets in the bedroom, for three years now we have been hitting our heads every time we sit up in bed. Last weekend I woke up, banged my head one last time and started the removal. The underside of the cabinets housed two low voltage high hats, two outlets, and a remote generator on/off switch. I am building a new headboard with side panels rerouting all the wiring, new lights, the works, the face of the headboard will be Italian Glass Tile. Project #2 is a bit more involved, we have the Couch/Boothe Combo, all leather, looks like a million bucks but the couch is so UNCOMFORTABLE, it has the blow up mattress inside. My wife and I end up sitting in the Boothe to watch a movie, it's that bad. Soooo we just ordered two recliners, apt sized, we choose the fabric, we sat in them, they will be ready in 4-6 weeks, they will go in place of the couch, I will build a table between them that will hold a cat litter box underneath, and a drawer above. In place of the booth will be a side mount Murphy bed with a desk that opens up when the bed is not in use....I have started the bed and the headboard, I will take photos and post them up.....Happy Camping.....