View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #11
SoundEncounters

Haha thanks guys. Its been A LOT of work. But we did heavy heavy planning during the race season so we knew exactly how much material to buy, where to buy, and had full blueprints laid out so anyone could help build as long as they could read a tape measure or work a chop saw or welder. Saves a TON of time there. Last night we finished up the rear bed as scheduled and will hopefully get it to the paint shop today or tomorrow so we can get it put back on this time for good. My friends and family all said I was nuts too for thinking we could do in a little less then 4 months. They see it today and are amazed. My friends are hard hard workers, one of which is my employee at my store so we get to work at 8, leave at 5:30 for my race shop, and work till 11-12. Then weekends is 8-midnight every day.

Kenn.... I am in Merced, about 2 hours south. But the guys at TPD are great, gave me a killer price on the siding. I'd buy one of their trailers without thinking twice.

Hot Rod... Yes sir, we are going to be making the under box brackets tonight to bolt up to the frame. That will hold our tanks and goodies, plus leave me about 26x84 of storage down each side. I am still a little un sure on what we will use for the cabinets right now, we have been back and forth. My first thought was brushed from the truck steps to the rear and on back would be great! But then I have to go hours away to use a break and shear so that puts a big damper on it. We could build in my shop with aluminum and paint white, but I'm afraid white will be just too much. Although MUCH cheaper for me.... Guess I better decide soon!

mmc101... Nice Rig! I wish I would have done the slide outs still. Everyone talked me out of it, they were in the original plans. Everyone kept telling me we would never get to use them at the dirt tracks much since its usually one trialer up next to each other close. But they make soooo much more room inside! I have not hooked up yet, but I should be right at 65'... Cross my fingers! I have some room to move the hitch forward to squeeze the CHP. My trailer is only a 32' over all, which is perfect for us because I can haul 2 up stairs and 1 on the deck but still short enough to keep me close to that 65' marker.
SoundEncounters is offline   Reply With Quote