View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #19
AKat777

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
I got the surge protector recommended to me by best convertor when I replaced the charger unit (see previous post). It is the sort that plugs into the 30A outlet, then your cord plugs into. It is a surge protector, plus has lights to tell you about open grounds, wrong polarity, etc. I never really thought about it growing feet, but the way my electric is set up I have a short 30A cord inside the side compartment, then I just use a 50' 30A extension cord (or longer) to get to the electric outlet. I guess I could just as easily plug the surge protector at the rv end of the extension cord so it is inside the side compartment. Theft problem solved.
I was more or less thinking the same thing. And that unit is also more or less what I was looking it. Looks like a external plug in you would find at the house, and you plug that into the camp power, then plug into that. I dont have side compartments under the truck yet, still deciding what I want to do for that. In the meantime, I just run the cords out of the back, under the rollup door. Not the most elegant solution, but it works.
I will most likely buy a short (25' or less) power cord to leave inside the back of the truck, and connect my 50' to that and run it out to the camp power. I was being cheap when I didnt want to buy another cord. lol. I am over budget atm, but still way under what everyone else thought I would be at.
AKat777 is offline   Reply With Quote