View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #12
#90-GTSC

Have you weighed the truck? Do you think you'll have a front axle weight problem? Whenever I see at T/C motorhome with little or no rear overhang and the generator, water tanks, waste tanks, etc. are ahead of the rear axle(s), I wonder how much weight of the truck is on the front axle and if it isn't too much.

Any pilot (private on up) has to know how to make "weight and balance" calculations for an airplane to determine the center of gravity (CG) of any airplane. While I've never done it for a real truck or talked to the engineers, I presume the calculations are the same.

Simple rule of thumb ... the more stuff you put in front of the rear axle(s) and the closer the heavy stuff is to the front axle ... the more front heavy the truck will be. (But you probably had the figured out already.)

Unless you're deeply committed already to where stuff is going to be on your truck, I'd recommend trying to solve the front axle weight problem by placement of the heavy stuff rather than installing a heavier front axle.
Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote