View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
mcurcio1989

Default 2000 freightliner toterhome build

So long story short myself my brother and a friend bought a 2000 freightliner with n14 cummins, 10 speed manual, and 600k. The previous owner was a friend and he had converted from the original tractor to more of a toterhome set up but then kind of went back to using it as box truck commercially. So we are going to be building the interior into a toterhome.

We figure it will be a fun project for us and being able to us it as an RV will make it more usable, especially as far as insurance and registration are concerned. In addition It will probabaly be more valuable like this. None of us have anything that really requires such a vehicle, like a race car or something. Its really a great base for this project as most of the hard work IMO is already done.

Of course I have a lot of questions right now before we even get started I want to get the insurance and registration figured out. I read Hot Rod's thread on registering in Ohio so that seems like it will not be a problem. I am really getting stuck on insurance everyone I call says that unless it was professionally built they cannot insure it as an RV. I know that you guys aren't all paying for commerical truck insurance so what is the deal here!

Here is a picture to wet your whistles, I am going to take some more later when I get them.
mcurcio1989 is offline   Reply With Quote