View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #10
philadelphia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBOSS View Post
Hello, I am converting a GMC Topkick, I am making more of a lounger than a MH. I am using a Chevrolet Suburban, adding it to Quad cab of the topkick making a 6 door suburban on the topkick Chassi. I would like to use air ride on the body to gain a nicer ride than the topkick can give on its own. My question is what type of bag do i need? The truck has air brakes so the supply is not an issue. I have looked at some for as little as $79 each on "lowrider custom truck sites" Can these be used or is there a better bag or air spring to use?
The larger the diameter the bag the less pressure it will need to support the load..Meaning the smaller bumps will be isolated better..Dont go too large as it will make the ride mushy when the bag is installed at the perfect ride height.

ON my build i have thought of four corner air bags with a simple 3 link suspension to support the cab and sleeper.That with dual watts links to support it from side to side movement and after that i would have needed two anti sway bars as well.

I opted for pivots up front and bags out back with a panhard bar.Im quite happy with it and the truck rides just as well as a late model caddy.

I used two double convoluted 8" diameter bags and 14-16 psi seems to be the sweet spot.
philadelphia is offline   Reply With Quote