View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
#90-GTSC

Default Looking at a truck conversion to buy.

I'm interested in this truck conversion. I know the owner's brother and father; the owner and his brother built it. They don't build many of these, but they always do good work with what they do build.

2010 Peterbilt 379 Custom Coach Race Hauler For Sale

I don't think it has three things that I want (and think I need):

1. Doesn't look like it has a camera in back. What is the cost? (camera and screen) How hard to install? I want to be able to see the hitch when I'm backing up to hook up to my enclosed race trailer.

2. In motion satellite receiver. What is the cost typically? How hard to install? Can I do it myself (presuming I'm handy)?

3. Leveling jacks. Most of the time at the race track (road courses) we're on fairly level ground. But I also want to use it for camping. How expensive are leveling jacks that would level a truck this big? How easy are they to install? or do they require lots of fabrication?

Looking forward to your advice and comments. Thanks in advance.
Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote