View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
LakeShakeFever

Default Arizona Title Troubles

My name is Kris. I am new to the forum and seeking some advice. I purchased a 1988 international. It was once 148” wheelbase with a Cummins L10 and a 7 speed tranny. The GVRW is 32000lbs. In 2006 I.W.C did a conversion that stretched the wheelbase to 276”, added a 12’ box and a custom built bed with a goose neck ball. The tag in the door from the conversion says front axle is 9000 lbs and the rear axle is 12000lbs. The truck has an 8000kw generator, A/C, heat, refrigerator, sink, microwave, stove, shower, TV, 2 beds, black and grey water tanks. I have a Kansas title that is registered as an RV. It even has Kansas RV plates on it. I took it to the Arizona DMV and they have a hold on the title from 2006 stating that someone tried to register it in Arizona as an RV. The inspector says that this vehicle will not qualify as an RV and has to be registered as a tractor. I am wondering if anyone can provide some advice as to how this vehicle should be registered. I will be using it to pull a 48’ Vintage enclosed trailer with my toys to the sand dunes.

Thanks in advance,
Kris
LakeShakeFever is offline   Reply With Quote