View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
mmmc101

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselRebuild View Post
Hey there! I carry all the major US Brands. This kit is available in IPD, FP Diesel, Interstate Mcbee and Mahle-Clevite. All of which are major heavy duty diesel spare parts manufacturers. If you send me over your engine serial # I can quote you price and availability in any of those brands which in my opinion are the best of the best with IPD taking the cake with their lines of parts.
Where might I find the engine S/N? The engine was "supposedly" inframed about 100K back. I am sure it has had some work done as the truck has 1.1M miles. The truck was a complete glider less engine,built in Sept 94. Don't know about the engine other than it's 3406B mechanical. I would prefer all usa parts.Mahle-Clevite are good products,use their pistons/bearings in my sprint car.
I have found a factory reman head assy for $1100. Not sure if thats a good price or not. Planned on reman injectors and new bearings/ seals in the turbo. The engine runs fine now,however I would be more comfortable with a "known condition". Should be able to inframe it for under $5K (no labor). I have never inframed a Cat but have many Cummins from 220's to 400's and 71/92 series Detroits. Can't be much different.
MMM
mmmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote