Thread: Toad Ready...
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
#90-GTSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
Looks great, Don. I like the color matching too. Do you use a tire pressure monitor? I bought a "Pressure Pro" system a couple of years ago at the HDT rally and I like how it has the capability to also monitor my trailer. Might be a good idea since you probably wouldn't feel a tire going flat on that Jeep while driving the truck. Isn't it fun fabbing up your own stuff and getting it to work better and look better than some off the shelf stuff?
Bob might remember that my "introduction" to motorhoming was from a friend who owned a string of five Liberty Prevosts! He and his wife went on many, many trips and met many people MHing. He told of story of a motorhome friend of his who had a tire blow out on the tow vehicle in the days before cameras in back. Remains of the blown tire got hot and started a fire which the driver could not see in his rear view mirrors. By the time someone got him stopped (probably between the middle of nowhere and you can't get there from here), the fire was going pretty good. They were able to get the thing unhooked from the motorhome and get some distance between them. But eventually the owner lost the race between the fire, the fire extinguishers he had on board, and the fire department. Scratch one tow vehicle!

Moral of the story: Don't ever say something wouldn't happen ... it just hasn't happen "yet".
Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote