View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #10
AKat777

After the effort going into this rig, I wouldnt even *think* about selling it. Also, the rig wont be as sexy as the Stealth Project. I work with diesel engines and fleet related activities all day. So I am covered in grease, oil, and fuel on a daily basis. So I am not going to spend 20k on the interior only to ruin it a year later. I am thinking painted plywood for the walls, so they can be sanded and repainted when they get crappy. I could just go with vinyl, but I havent seen anything I would be happy with.

Speaking of the tanks, you mention looking down with a flashlight. obviously when you 'flush' you open the valve to the tank below, but I didnt realize it was that open you could peer down to check the level. I had heard the monitors were a 50/50 shot on working properly, but I was also afraid of standing in water while I was taking a shower, lol. I realize flushing out the tanks isnt a big deal, but I am looking at the long term costs while I am with the show. It's cheap to pump out (15 bucks) but why do it every two weeks when a larger tank lets you do it once a month? And things growing in your black tank is a *good* thing. Help to break down the solids
AKat777 is offline   Reply With Quote