View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
AKat777

Default Tanks

And onwards to another topic. The tanks. Everyone who has been in the RV community for more than a day knows you have 3 tanks. But what size tanks are considered 'adaquate'. As a single person in a 15' living space, one might suggest a 25 or 30 gallon tank as being enough for the blackwater and greywater tanks. In my current situation the greywater is a non-issue, since the show pipes the greywater out directly.

As I price out the tanks, I quickly realize that the price of the tank does go up, but not proportionally to the size. ie, a 25 gallon tank might cost 218, while a 50 gallon tank only costs 300. Using a hypothetical 2 flushes per day (we have facilities on site, so it will not be utilized 100%) at a gallon each, a 25 gallon tank needs to be emptied every couple weeks, where the 50 gallon tank only needs once per month (approx). Since I pay the show the same amount regardless of size, and I have the room, it makes sense to use a larger tank, unless someone can show me a reason not too? (and I do realize some toilets out there use a great deal less than a gallon per flush, but it's a reasonable number to start the discussion with.)
AKat777 is offline   Reply With Quote