View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
Dragonslayer140

I believe that Jason has said he has the Balin coach back at his facility, so I will be taking a look at it when I am there. I am torn on the idea of retaining the sleeper on a conversion. It does give a better (also thinking safer)place for passengers to ride. It does however seem redundant to have two couches there and third one in the main portion of the coach. another plus is with a curtain you get a second bedroom for guests so they are not sleeping in your living room. In place of the couches, I have considered. having a second pair of air ride seats on a swivel base so they can be turned around and somewhat become part of the main living room. They would be set back enough from the front seats to allow for a small desk in front of each. That way passengers can work on laptops or projects, and then Michelle and I can use them as a small office when parked. With the two seats lowered and reclined there would be room for a double bed to lower down from the ceiling similar to the beds in a toy hauler, creating the second bedroom. While I have not taken the time to measure and lay this out based on real dimensions, I think its possible, and can create a flexible space that provides comfortable forward facing seating for four on the road, a usable office space, and an extension of the living room.

The two biggest issues I have with the Balin coach (from only having seen pictures of course), are very short head room in the rear bedroom over the garage, and the hole from the cab to the sleeper is a duck under. It looks like they did this to retain the stock folding upper bunk in the sleeper. Later versions of this truck from Jason have the bunk removed and a full walk through. I am thinking then it would be a possibility to remodel this one.

Dave
Dragonslayer140 is offline   Reply With Quote