View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #6
Dragonslayer140

Bob, thanks for your generous offer, When I get closer to actually unloading my wallet I may take you up on it. At the moment I am still planning (unless I see a rig that meets all my quirky requirements) and trying to see if I can get exactly what I am looking for before I seriously start looking at individual rigs. I am hoping that my upcoming Indiana to Missouri pilgrimage will answer many of my questions, and help me narrow down the choices. We are going to fly back on May 18th and rent a car to run around, and then take the train back home the following Saturday. I am going to visit Hawk Engineering, Showhauler, Renegade and Haulmark. Also thanks to some input from Gordy, I am going to see about adding in NRC. My better half does not have any experience with the big rigs, so this will also help her visualize what we are getting into lol. you are right on the money with having a shop do an inspection and getting an oil sample. Best part is a lot of these rigs have been for sale for a very long time and prices are good. Worst part is what I am looking for in a rig is not so popular so If I do go used there will be some compromises, and I have to compare that to the cost savings.

Checked out the One Lap web site, that looks like a whole lot of fun. Something else to add to my bucket list perhaps... sitting here pointing out to the wife how much fun it would be...she says she would be ok with the transit driving part..will leave the track to me. Makes the 2K miles we are going to do in the rental car over 7 days a walk in the park. Good luck to you both on your adventure.

Dave
Dragonslayer140 is offline   Reply With Quote