View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
Bob86ZZ4

Don (bushpilot), 17 does sound young to drive a big rig. But, I hesitate to say too young. I bet a 17 yr. old could be just as competent of a rv driver as some extremely much older drivers I've seen behind the wheel of big campers. I think it depends on the individual. When my son was 15 he shared the driving of my Allegro a lot. And I think he did a great job. He's now 23 and a truck driver in the Army Reserve (one tour in Iraq, probably headed to Afganistan next)(he drives HETS, check out some vids of those on youtube), and has been a truck driver since he turned 18 and could legally drive a semi intrastate. Then he went over the road as soon as he turned 21 and could go over state lines. Anyhow, I don't really want the government deciding somebody has to be over another age to drive a camper. I think it opens up a can of worms. I'm not opposed to requiring testing in the veh. you want to drive though.