View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #9
#90-GTSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer140 View Post
I am heading east to meet with some of the conversions builders in May, and trying to narrow down the buy, build, or somewhere in between options. I have pretty much worked out what we want in a coach, and now need to find if someone can build it for a reasonable price, or at least a weather proof shell, or if i will go at it alone..lol.
As you talk to the coach builders, ask them what they do about weight and balance when they design a coach. I have never used any of the CAD software, but it would make sense to me that there be a feature in CAD software to automatically do the weight and balance as the various components are added to the design. You'd probably have to build a library of components and their weights (which is half of W&B), and of course the CAD system knows were you drop everything.
Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote