View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Bob86ZZ4

Sounds like it should be pretty doable. I've seen some guys over on the Escapees HDT forum that have similar setups. I think they use C channel to extend the frame back to where they put their 5th wheel hitch. If you're doing a bumper pull trailer you might not even have to extend the frame, depending how long the frame is on your truck. My truck is a single drive axle with a 26' box and it's got a 295" wheelbase. But, the box extends pretty far behind the rear axle. There is a section in that HDT forum that has a lot of info regarding truck frames and hitches and stuff. Most of them just use the truck to pull their 5th wheels and build big decks for cars or cycles or such. But I think some of that info might be of help here. Keep us posted and put up lots of pictures of your build. That seems to be one of the things lacking around here. Lots of projects get started with pics and then we don't hear much. I think they get their trucks done and take off down the road with huge smiles on their faces.