Thread: toterhome build
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
jerzfabguy

Default toterhome build

i am starting to look into building a toter home or possibly a motor home to pull a trailer with. the truck that im looking at doing this with is a used fl 70 with a 3126 and 6 speed. however, the engine is only rated at 250hp which may be a little down on power so ive been thinking more about doing a toter instead of a motor to keep weight down etc... anywho... my question is this...

its a 270" wb truck and is the extended cab version. there is currently a 22' custom box on it now (its a mobile satelite truck) and after the rear fender theres about 5' of overhang so looking at most trucks i think you could safely put a 22' motorhome style box on it and put a heavy duty motor home hitch on it as well. but... if i went with a toter home style box instead and used a goose neck or a fifth wheel deal how long of a box would i be able to get away with being that the body is an extended cab? id almost like to turn the extended cab into a deal with 1 or 2 more seats in it so that you could properly fasten a car seat for a toddler. maybe im nuts?
jerzfabguy is offline   Reply With Quote