View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
#90-GTSC

Surprised no dumpster; you'd think his clientele wouldn't abuse it. Is the electrical metered? Is it gated? At 20' wide and 50' long , you could use it as a race shop ... Trailer and two vehicle along one wall and the race car, bench, shelve against the back and other wall. At $350 for month, that is a good deal for small size short tracker, drag racer, road racer, or vintage racer.

I good friend of mine, now passed on, started with a GMC motorshome (the front wheel drive fiberglass job with the Olds Toronado front end), then a 33' Blue Bird, and then five 40' Prevost's converted by Liberty Coach of North Chicago, Ill. He had a pretty good sized lot where his house was on the side of hill overlooking a valley so he put in a concrete pad for the motorhome with connection to the for the dump tank to the city sewer, 220v/50amp, cable TV, landline phone, and running water with a drain in the pad under the center of the coach. He had it all layed out so he could wash the coach exactly where he parked it between his many expeditions. I can see not having to go somewhere to dump and wash the coach would appeal to lots of people. And the folks that have something like this always have tons of "stuff" to store, so they can kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks for sharing.

Dick
Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote