Thread: top kick
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
blizzardND

We would need a bit more info on that truck before I could help you. I would look for a full size HDT if I was to get a do-over. The little 6500 of mine is great for just a road trip fly down the highway type RV. With 10,000 lbs back there, I'm thinking I'd need more gear. Then the economy would go out the window.

whats that truck have for gears tires air conditioning? cruise? air brakes or hyd? clean rust free? 88 is getting kinda old. but at 2,000 bills I'd buy today and put a dump box for snow and triple my money.

The trouble is, is, you are going to put $10-15K on the back of a 2,000 dollar truck. for 10-12 you can buy a bunch of those already done on RJ. Good luck post pictures, if she is a 60K cream puff it might be worth it.

A quick thought to make a econo hauler out of that would to shop for a 20' used travel trailer and mount it to the truck with some storage boxes below. that way the camper is light enough to help with the pulling of the 10,000 pounds.