View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #7
hot rod

OPie- No arguments on anything you said, I agree 100% if I was in your position. My first choice was to build for all the reasons you mentioned, rusty tools make me an unhappy guy. But I need the rig for my business, and I just can't seem to find the time to get started on the project. I bought a real nice GMC 5500 topkick cab/chassis a year and a half ago and it is still sitting in the driveway with a small pile of Elkhart parts in the garage, and no time to start on the serious business of welding together a box. So I've been struggling along still towing with my dually and scouring the racingjunk ads daily hoping to come across the right deal I can afford to buy already done. I did see a real nice 14' Renegade toter a month ago for a steal of a price at $39,500, but that one was clear across the country and it only lasted about 2 days. Blizz is right in that this is definitely the time to buy vs. build, the prices are right if you have the cash. So I'll have to keep looking on racingjunk every morning and try to beat #90 to that real good deal when it pops up.

Don- I'm looking for CHEAP, definitely can't afford anything like what you have in your pic. I've come across a number of units in the $50k range, which I know is a good deal, but my budget is more like $40k, and that is a stretch. Trying to keep it under what I can buy a new dually for and end up with a better rig in the long run. I know the right deal will pop up sooner or later. Would like a factory built unit for it to be presentable, but does not need to be fancy or late model or have slides, just reliable.
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote