View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 06:58 AM   #6
Highway OPie

Default For the "joy" of it all . . .

Hello all you HDTers:

Been kinda quiet here on the board for the last couple of weeks; guess everyone is getting in their last outside work before the weather turns cold!

I have followed the information about racingjunk for awhile now, even though I already have my rig for conversion. As I never intended to do a "toter" I really never considered that need. Someone said in this thread about getting a rig already built, and "why do all that work?" A valid point, certainly.

I would take the opposite approach; why not do it. Having just turned the age where the government will start payig me back, I wanted a "one last final project" for my days ahead, whether that be a few years, or 30 years.

I am now about a year-and-a-half into my conversion, and have just started on the "living quarters" of my conversion. I really enjoy working on my project, and spend many hours planning, engineering, and then constructing whatever portion I am currently involved. I never expect to be done with my conversion! Even when its done, its not really done!

Doing the work yourself lets you learn a great deal about your vehicle; someday stuck on the road somewhere, that knowledge may come in handy. More importantly, it will keep you active and excercise your brain.

When I have "lulls" in my construction interest, then I climb in and "fire that mother up" and take a trip somewhere!

Live is good!

I certainly enjoy this site . . .

Best to all,

Speed
Attached Thumbnails
Picture 609.jpg  
Highway OPie (Speed Gray) Grand Rapids, MI: 2003 Peterbilt 379 Motorhome; 550 hp 6NZ Caterpillar C15, Eaton-Fuller 18 speed transmission, 3.36 rear; 63" sleeper and 16' Morgan box.(highwayopie@aol.com). There are many Peterbilts, but this one is mine!
Highway OPie is offline   Reply With Quote