View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
Bob86ZZ4

I'd bet the folders and portable ladders are used mostly to clean the windshield and side windows. I've actually seen guys take their step ladders off the back and clean windows. I have a 14' aluminum step ladder that I keep in my storage shop and use to clean the side windows and take a look up on the roof at stuff. I prefer to move the ladder around the outside and climb up and look around, rather than climb up the back and walk on the roof. I don't like walking on the roof. I also bought the biggest "Little Giant" and a extendable aluminum plank to make a way to get up to my cab overhang. I had to change my clearance lights since the builder used the rubber grommet ones that allow water into the wall. I put in l.e.d. ones that have a plastic molded housing that I sealed all the way around the hole with silicone. Anyhow, this is the only way I could figure to get up there. And I use this method to get up there to clean off the bugs after awhile too.