View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #9
GC45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenn View Post
My sister has a 29' "traveler" motorhome made by Holiday Rambler and her entire kitchen slides out. Yes the sink and all. And yes she has had a water leak caused by plumbing that rides in a wooden track getting snaged while the slide was going in or out. I don't remember if it was a supply line or the sink drain. I think the sink drain line is a white ribbed plastic setup.
It just dawned on me that there is a residential toilet (Saniflo) which is rear wasted into a sump tank with macerating pump. It's normally used for basement installations where the building drain is above the basement floor. Other bath fixtures may be wasted into the tank.

I believe I could make do with an outside shower, lightening the load on both the slide & waste tanks.

The kitchen sink could be handled in a similar fashion. Putting the sink adjacent to the toilet but separated by a bulkhead would obviate the need for a separate bathroom basin.

Waterlines, gas lines & wiring shouldn't be too challenging.

I'll have to learn more about the load capacity of the slides. I have no idea at this point what the original application of the vehicle was.
GC45 is offline   Reply With Quote