View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #10
speedyk

I was curious if there were any answers to Andy's question, as I am having trouble with my insurance on my truck. My truck is an International 4900 with 24ft box. It only has a generator, lights, and beds and couches in it, but no plumbing. The truck was already registered in Michigan as an RV, which is one reason I bought it. I brought it home to Oklahoma, got the title transferred fine as it says RV on it. The insurance company originally quoted me a much lower number and then increased the rate and told me that they have to go off of the International VIN, which gives them a ridiculous MSRP of $84,900.00 that they have to go off of. I told them that the truck is nowhere worth that as it is a 1996 with 268,000 miles, and they said they legally have to go by that number. The truck might be worth $10,000.00 but thats being EXTREMELY generous. I tried asking elsewhere, but they are telling me they can't insure as an RV even though its already titled as one. Any help is greatly appreciated
speedyk is offline   Reply With Quote