Thread: Frame Welding
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #20
#90-GTSC

You do nice work. Had you thought about building the trailer hitch so it can slide up and down? Raising and lowering the trailer tongue. I presume with the spec racer you have don't have much ground clearance, hence its helpful to raise the front of the trailer for loading and unloading. I have the same problem with my Cup car. I've seen adjustable HD hitches that slide up and down with two large pins to secure it traveling. I've thought about putting air bags behind a hitch like that to raise and lower the tongue (after pulling the locking pins) when I need to load and unload the car. There is a picture of a hitch like that someone on this site posted (without the airbags for raising and lowering).

My dream is Pete 379 or 389. I wish I had the fab skills and creatively that the guys on this site have.

Keep the pictures coming.
Started looking for 379 Peterbilt TC, 24' to 30' box, bumper pull--but ended up w/1999 Liberty Coach conversion of 45' Prevost XLV bus. 1,000sf heated/AC'd race shop w/dump station, 50amp shore pwr where bus parks, 3 NASCAR/ARCA race cars & 26' Bravo trailer.
#90-GTSC is offline   Reply With Quote