Thread: Frame Welding
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #19
Kenn

Yesterday I towed the race trailer (6500lbs) with the Peterbilt and everything went fine. I changed the truck wiring to match up with an RV plug. I put in a new 7 conductor cable from the firewall of the truck to a junction box mounted inside the left side frame rail in an area just behind the cab that I should have access to when the motor home is done. I then ran a cable to another junction box at the rear of the truck and then to the trailer hitch mounted plug. I wired the 12v line (black) to a breaker that is hot when ever the truck batteries are on. Now if I stop at a rest stop and shut off the truck eng I can have the trailer interior lights work. I also installed the elect brake controler in the cab and it works.
I parked the truck and trailer on a level spot and was pleased to see it looks level. The truck ran great and was not challanged at all. Overkill for sure. I think when the motor home is done it may make the truck work a bit more. My overall plan has changed some. I think I will build the floor framing and the compartments before I paint the cab. I will then remove the hole thing for finish welding and painting. I will try to upload more pictures as the work goes on.
Attached Thumbnails
IM000969.jpg   IM000972.jpg   IM000976.jpg   IM000977.jpg  
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote