View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #10
Taildragger

WP, good to see you active again. It will be interesting to watch your build, having gone full circle as it is. I've followed the TC forum for several years and have just about given up on finding the right rig, maybe you can uncover the right formula. We have decided on a pusher for the same reasons you did, the designs for TC are, for the most part, just not mature and can't match the level of a cheap DP. The ability to bring light in and use space efficiently is sorely lacking, just not enough imagination or familiarity I guess. Racer crash pads need not apply. Maybe if you trapped the designers in one for a month... To keep the rig at a length which will allow us to pull a trailer and stay within a legal 75 foot OAL means we live in a 30 foot box. Ikon and Silver Coach did a nice job, but if I had that kind of money I wouldn't have any other concerns. The ideal solution would be two full wall slides or at least two opposing living area slides, with the same furnishings a nice DP would offer. That seems to be out of my price range, whereas I can get a nice DP with a 505 CAT for $150K. I also travel with with just 2 people (the three dogs are another matter) but need to pull an 18K trailer. Options are slim and momma ain't backing down. She would go the TC route but again, the design issues get in the way. I will watch your journey with more than casual interest.
Taildragger is offline   Reply With Quote