Thread: Frame Welding
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #18
Bob86ZZ4

Wow, does that ever look nice. Great work. I love your hitch. My truck I finally found the fitting near the back that would be the air supply for a trailer and there was nothing hooked up to it. So I put a piece of air line tubing on it with a quick disconnect on the other end and I can then hook my air compressor hose to that. That way I can use the truck's air system to air up tires and such if needed. Works great so far. I normally leave the red knob out so there's no air in that line, just push it in to pressurize it.

I know the law would require you to have brakes on the trailer. I have a electronic brake controller for our enclosed trailer. But, the brakes on my truck are so good I keep my controller set pretty low so it hardly applies much trailer brake. If it was me and I just wanted to give it a bit of a test drive I wouldn't bother hooking up the brake controller. I would for sure make sure the break-away was hooked up tho.