View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
sbphoto

Default Hi, Blizzard.

Greetings,

I took a quick look at your project (need to study it more when there is time) and it is very cool. Also, very smart.

We want to do a MDT conversion with an eye on fuel economy. We need to watch the whole project cost as well, because we are very part time in our motorhome use. My wife and I think a type-C design with a bed over the cab and about 19 to 22 feet behind the cab would give us room for what we want and keep the whole thing light enough that diesel mileage would be "reasonable".

I wish I knew more about how to get special designs done without spending a fortune. I don't have my own shop so I need to hire things out. I used to do some welding in the far distant past but don't own any equipment now.

I do know that even a small amount of attention to aerodynamic design and reduction of cross-sectional area (as you have done) leads to significant savings in fuel costs. Significant in the 3 to 12 percent range; not the 40 to 50 percent range.

I look forward to participating in what seems like an important issue for motor/toter home users. I believe that the days of cheap fuel are gone.

Regards.
sbphoto is offline   Reply With Quote