View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
sbphoto

Default Learning!

Thanks, Doc.

Wow. This is great. I am so glad I found this site. You are covering topics I need to know about before I even get to the point of knowing what I need to know. Fantastic!

By the way, I looked at message threads about types of RV toilets/heads but still don't have a clear direction on this topic. Do you guys just use standard RV toilet + holding tank setups on your FL60s? There does not seem to be very much room below the floor level of the van type I am getting so I want as little hanging down where it could be damaged by rocks and curbs and bumps as possible. I briefly looked at information about one of the incinerating toilets but it seemed that these would use too much electricity (for the 120V electric kind) and I have not found a discussion about any which run on propane. Some of the composting types look interesting but there is an obvious split between those who like these and those who find them problematic. Any experience to help guide me would be much appreciated.

So many decisions...so much to learn...

I am trying to follow the pattern of measure twice; cut once. But I know there will be times when I need to measure three or four times. Not clear yet how many times I'll need to cut before getting things right. Sheesh.

Regards.
sbphoto is offline   Reply With Quote