View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
dgorila1

Default Re: Va RV laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickcopland View Post
Wow....Just saw this...I have a 2006 Show Hauler that is 46ft long..tow a 32ft tri axle trailer that is 27,000lbs when loaded...been doing it for 6 years and never been even stopped or questioned....
That's just what the official posting is from the DMV website. Enforcement is a whole other question :-) I don't think they'll be able to tell you're 1 ft over in length unless you got stopped and they checked the registration or other identifying info for the trailer. I do notice that certain times of the year, the state police but more often the Motor Carrier/Safety division of the Va Beach Police and sometimes Chesapeake Police like to sit on the interstate near the popular truck routes/off ramps and pull over trucks hauling debris to the dumps or loaded dump trucks. I think they make some good revenue catching overweight and safety violators. Just look for the white Sprinter Vans with blacked out windows sitting in the median. I've never seen them pull an RV yet.I think you would have to have an obvious violation for them to do so.
dgorila1 is offline   Reply With Quote