Thread: Road Trip
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
Bob86ZZ4

Great news you got to drive it, Gene. I'm nearing the end of a three week road trip myself. I went to California and followed the Tour of California. We've put over 4k miles on. Love this truck. This is the first time in the mountains, man does it fly. Anyhow, about that smell. Could it possibly have come from your holding tanks? Maybe one of the traps was dry for the grey tank? Like under a sink or shower? Or could the valve have leaked in the toilet bowl and you had no water standing in it to block the smell from there? On our trip my toilet valve got a bit clogged with toilet paper so the water would leak down from the bowl and then you could smell the stink from the black tank. I had to clean it out and then it sealed and no more smell. Sounds like your smell went away? That's why I'm thinking maybe one of the sink traps had gone dry and then when somebody ran water down it it stopped smelling.