View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #17
dgorila1

Thumbs up Pictures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlgrntruck View Post
A newbie here. just want to say that my wife and I are traveling full time in our 1946, 30 ft dropdeck moving trailer pulled by our 1965 White 300 cabover.We have been to 31 states and a little bit of Canada. We spent about 4 months in 2007 building the trailer to fit our needs... I'm 6'7 and like to stand up in my trailer. We have less than $20,000 in the whole rig including a 1991 Cummins 8.3 with an allison 4 speed auto and a $4,500 paint job on the trailer to match the truck. We did all the work ourselves and scrounged for materials, but we have everything that all the new trailers have, like shower, queen sized bed, full size refrigerator, two recliners, but no payments. It all depends on how showy you want to make it. Just do it and have fun, Bob
Yeas, pics would be awesome Bob if you could post or link them. This site is all about do-it-yourself builds and keeping costs low, so your setup would be an inspiration to keep the rest of us motivated. $20,000 for the entire setup is less that the cost of a factory trailer of less quality!
dgorila1 is offline   Reply With Quote