View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 08:36 AM   #10
Bob86ZZ4

Just remember, the deeper you go with the slide, the deeper into your living quarters they are when not extended. I test drove a t/c when I was shopping that had slides on both sides of the living room. When they were in it almost shut it off from the cockpit. It was hard to converse with people in the living room while driving. And if you're set up for the night somewhere you can't put the slides out it's pretty cramped. Remember, you're not supposed to run the slides out when "camping" in the Walmart lots. Bad etiquette. Another thing I'd worry about is my feeling that the bigger you go the more likely they are to break, or need more maintenance. When I had my 3 car garage built I specified 3 individual doors, rather than the more common large door and small door. My thoughts were the smaller doors would work better longer than a large door. The guy putting in the doors said he agrees with me. Much less problems with the smaller doors.