View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
JACC0811

Default O-H . . . . I-O newbie

Hey everyone! I'm John, from SW Ohio. I have been interested in RVing and RV conversions for probably over 10-15 years. I hope to be able to build or buy my own T/C by the time I can retire, when the kids are off to college, in about 15 years.

I wouldn't mind buying a finished T/C, but like with houses and vehicles, I'm not too fond of buying someone else's dream or headaches. I like building custom cars and trucks and really prefer to build a T/C to my spec's and dreams.

For my truck, I love the looks of your typical classic class 8 trucks like a KW W900, Pete 379 or Freightshaker Classic. My goals with any truck I choose is to get the best MPG for a 500-600+HP engine and be able to full-time in it, while possibly pulling an enclosed single car or stacker trailer. My initial thoughts of what I want would require a budget of around $200K including the truck, but not the trailer. My MPG goal, BTW, is somewhere in the range of 10-15 or better. But with the weight, trailer and HP, I'm not expecting any better than 8 initially.

Well, that's my intro, I hope to learn a lot from this site and will post as much as I can. Hopefully one of those posts will be a build thread!

Thanks and God Bless!
JACC0811 is offline   Reply With Quote