Thread: Hello All
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
reynoldsfamily3

Default Hello All

Hello everyone. I was just retired from the Army so my wife, and I decided this was a good time to take my 7 year old son and see the Country. We are home schooling using the curriculum from Calvert (a nationally accredited home schooling program). We figure we can teach him through this part of elmentary school, and the experience will be unmatched by any classroom learning. We will be traveling with a 90 pound retriever and a 50 pound (and growing) boxer. WE will be full timing until we feel like stopping.

We have looked at class A's and most don't have a permanent 3rd bed or the bunks are right next to the master. We still enjoy privacy from time to time. We would need a big C to fit us all and not drive each other crazy. It seems to me that a truck conversion gives the best value. It will give a longer service life, it will easily tow our '95 Jeep Wrangler, or any other vehicle we choose, and it will have more available capacity for our "stuff".

We are in the planning stage and shopping for a rig/builder that can work with us. We need a solid build, but do not need fancy luxury. We hope to work out the right vehicle on the right budget. We will need to set it up for frequent dry camping and boondocking.

I am looking forward to learning as much as I can from those who have already "been there, done that". I am open to suggestions and nothing in our plan is set in stone.

Thanks
Bill
reynoldsfamily3 is offline   Reply With Quote