View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
hot rod

Question self levelling sealer??

While I'm stalling on the TC project, I'm doing some maintenance on my gooseneck vending trailer. Last year I added a bunch of stuff to the roof, like fold up signs, and a hatch and a tv antenna, plus some of the original sealer around the edge needs scraped up and replaced.

In the past I've used Seal Gap like they use on semi trailers around the edge where the metal roof meets the aluminum trim, but to be honest it's a pain in the a$$, basically having to apply with a putty knife, and if you're not real meticulous you can leave gaps. 40' trailer adds up to about 100' of perimeter and I'm not looking forward to it, plus all the other brackets and things I need to seal.

I've seen some sealer on the roof of other trailers which I think is called self levelling sealer. Looks clear like rtv silicone sealer, but does not look like it is applied from a caulking gun like rtv. Looks more like it is poured on as a thick liquid and flattens itself out to look like a really thick puddle like the name would imply. Seems a little harder than silicone, but still a little flexible, but what I saw may have been an older application.

Have any of you used this product? Helpful hints? Where to buy it? Better ideas?

Thanks in advance!
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote