View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #5
dirtdevil

intresting fact Kenn, as i too am a insulin depedant diabetic, and ironically, im going though this same registation ordeal here in ND, althought to my understanding the RV registration is a bit vague here, according to our highway patrol, "ANY" truck can be registered as a RV , according to he fedral DOT Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration under rules and regulations section 390.3 sub F exceptions "occational transportation" is my golden rule to my understanding , Ive been a bit briefly educated on the guidelineds at hand, im purchaseing a truck from another state which requires much needed information and restrctive guidlines than my state of residence, IMO the vehical is driven nationwide, im under the inpression state funded highways cause the ill interpretation of ones motive, On the health note, again this is JMO, im diabetic , i can NEVER obtain a CDL, although i currently work as a licensed Electrician in a state where requirements are pretty strict as compaired to other states in our union, last week i worked on the transfer switch for a local hospital, the generator for a local broadcasting company for emergency alerts, AND , a life support system for ICU patiance while they were being monitered and (lack of better terms? ) umm simply , on life support venilators! . BUT, I cannot obtain a CDL while the local 1000lb couch potatoe hops behind the wheel of a 18 wheeler and drinks a case of beer when his route is over, just my beef, Ill keep all notified on my experiance here locally on my quest to convert a commercial vehical into a RV , im expecting to register within the next year ..
dirtdevil is offline   Reply With Quote