View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
blizzardND

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorila1 View Post
Great info Blizz!!! I love the low floor trailers, they would make great RV conversions! The report clearly shows much greater stability and control with the independent suspension. Thanks for the research, perfect!
The thought that I came up with is road trains for regional or cross country Passenger service, think a long low wide trailer with 8' sidewalls folks step on the bus low, stow there stuff in overhead bins like an airplane or up front in the luggage storage over the 5th wheel. think 60-65 ft long trailer.

the wider trailer allows for wider seats, a wider center isle and much safer roll over stability.
Think movies in back of each seat, bathroom and maybe a attendent for food or drink service.

These trailers would be a bunch safer, cheaper to pull and any tractor could pull it. I'd prefer a International LoneStar as it looks like a train engine.

of course this will never happen as it would compete with light rail wet dreams, at a far less expensive price tag, hell PRIVATE money for profit!

blizz