View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #15
mmmc101

Hotrod,
I always suggest that everyone look at buying before building. It's just part of the many decesions that you make during the process. That being said, I am glad you have deceided to build. The challenge and satisfaction of building your own is what made me deceide to build.
The frame stretch is really not all that difficult if you have the equipment you need. (the mag drill is a big one) I chose not to stretch my frame since I had enough wheelbase to build a 12' box. In hindsight I wish I had stretched it as I am having a real hard time getting everything in it I want. You need to look at BlizzND's build on his "Rumrunner". He stretched and dropped the frame rails to lower the overall height of the box. Quite an engineering feat and nicely done. JMO, stretching the frame would be easier than moving the axle. Just be sure everything is level and square.
Not sure where you are at but when you get to that point,check the prices on the stuff you need at Colaw's RV in Carthage,Mo. They have 80 acres of salavge and a warehouse full of new stuff. So far, they have beat Elkharts prices on everything I have needed. They also have a Ebay store called RV Exit. Really nice people to deal with.
Looking forward to following your build.
Michael
mmmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote