View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
mmmc101

Hotrod
I crawled under about 50 various types of RV's with slides trying to determine how they worked. What I discovered is there are as many type slide mechanisms as there are RV's.Some are Hydraulic,some electric driven screws and some are cable operated electric driven.I almost gave up the idea. I then called Liftco inc. A company that builds various type slides for many RV companies. I explained to them I wanted to put two slides in my toter that would handle sleeper sofa's.They sent me all of their literature. I chose their "touchless floor model" .They look fairly simple to install although that remains to be seen as they are scheduled to arrive on Monday.I have yet to find anyone that has installed one to get some lessons learned.They have some good pictures of their various models on their website.Just google liftco,select products,then glideouts.
As for the holding tanks,I found a 105 gal fresh water tank that fits just right.($200) I think I still have room for a 30 gal grey tank and a 20 gal black.That is close to the ratio Bob has on his unit and he says his works well.
If you look at the posting "building the outer walls" on this forum you will find some pictures of my project from a few months back.Actually, Blizznd posted them for me. I couldn't figure out how to do it.(lacking computer skills) I just got the truck back from the paint shop last week.It's now white with sunburst orange pearl fenders.I'll try to post some more pictures soon as work progress. MMM
mmmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote