Thread: HDT Rally
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #4
Bob86ZZ4

Cool, small world. I live in St. Paul, Roseville is a suburb of St. Paul, borders the north edge of town (for the others reading this).

They have a great rally tho. Very well organized. Lots of good topic seminars to attend. Excellent top notch facility too. The Kansas State Fairgrounds has a great campground. We attended several of the seminar sessions and learned a bunch of stuff. They aren't all about hdt'ing (actually most of them are about other things related to camping and fulltiming I guess). There are a couple of big time tourist attractions too. The salt mine and the space center. We did the salt mine tour, that was a good time. This year we're planning to do that space tour thing. That's said to be well worth the price of admission. Every day is 4:00 pm happy hour. You just wander into a group of happy hourers and strike up a conversation. I bet most of the attendees are full timers. We're still worker bees but in a few years intend to do almost full timing so it was very helpful for us to find out more about that too.