Thread: Classifieds
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 10:41 PM   #10
Bob86ZZ4

I don't think I've seen one with that big of a garage. I wonder if the problem would be that if you made it with one that big it wouldn't leave you enough room for nice living quarters? 45' max overall length for the single unit. Now, your car is 17' so figure you're going to use up roughly 20' of landscape there (you've got to be able to get around it to strap it down and such, and the lift gate is going to take up about 1' at least). Leaves you 25'. Now, the truck chassis is going to be roughly 10' if you built it with a day cab (no sleeper). Now we're down to 15'. Ouch. I'd rather pull a trailer and have nice roomy living quarters. Most states allow 75' length for truck and trailer, I think. That would also make it easier to sell should you get out of the game. I'd bet it would be cheaper to get together a rig using a trailer too. Is there some reason it all needs to be one unit? I pull a 24' enclosed v-nose single car trailer, loaded it's about 8k. There is absolutely no way to tell that it's back there unless I look in the mirror or the backup camera. These trucks are so good at towing.